Vanier is a publicly-funded English language CEGEP which strives to educate its students as individuals and to prepare them to participate fully in Quebec, Canada and the world.
Our mission is to make pre-university, professional and technological education accessible while maintaining the highest possible standards of teaching and learning.
To achieve this we are committed to:
- PROVIDING our students with a welcoming and caring learning environment
- HELPING each student to identify and attain individual academic, career and personal goals
- STIMULATING our student's curiosity and appreciation of knowledge, beauty and life-long learning
- PRESENTING each student with a challenge while providing the pedagogical and student support systems necessary to meet that challenge
- FOSTERING appreciation and respect for the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of our students and staff
- DEVELOPING our students' sense of their civic, social and environmental responsibilities at both the local and global levels
- ENCOURAGING all individuals and groups to participate fully in college life and to learn about and value each other
- PROMOTING the dedication, mutual cooperation and continuous professional growth of our faculty, staff and administrators in order to enrich the learning environment
- WELCOMING the participation and support of members of the surrounding communities in our activities and programs.